Brightlingsea Jog Walk Run is a fun event for all the family and safety is of paramount importance. Please follow these guidelines to help ensure everyone is able to take part in the event safely and enjoy a fantastic day.
- In entering all participants declare they are medically fit to do so and that they will compete at their own risk.
- The organisers will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses which may arise in consequence of partcipation in the event.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- By entering all competitors give their permission to use their name, quotes, video footage, and photographic likeness for marketing and promotional purposes.
- Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times.
- All participants of 16 years or younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- Individual entries from junior participants aged 11 to 16 may be accepted provided they are accompanied at registration by a parent or guardian who must complete a Parental Consent Form.
- Cycles are not permitted on the route.
- Horses are not permitted on the route.
- The route is not suitable for motorised vehicles, mobility scooters or wheelchairs.
- Suitable sturdy footwear must be worn.
- Participants must wear and carry clothing suitable for the course. Please bear in mind that there is no shelter on much of the course so ensure you have suitably prepared for rain, strong sun and high winds.
- Participants must carry suitable refreshments as there are no refreshment stations on the route. Refreshments can be purchased at the Bateman’s finish area.
- The course will be marshalled and sign posted, please do not deviate from the signed routes. Instructions from marshals must be followed.